Friday, March 11, 2011

When Should I Budget

I usually find an evening once or twice a week to sit down with my budget.  I put in my receipts, look over my bank and credit card accounts to make sure that I didn't miss anything.  I balance my check book and then tell my honey how good or bad we are doing and what we have in savings.

It takes me about 30min.  Even if we aren't doing the best with our budget I come away feeling good.  I know where we stand financially and we try to talk about what we need to do for the rest of the month and maybe what needs to be done differently for the following month.

I would make sure that the kids are in bed.  My husband is usually watching a movie and then I have him pause it for 5 min and we talk, regroup and try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment